Within the vegan and vegetarian diet there are several possibilities to replace animal products with plant-based foods.
The market, increasingly comprehensive, has generated product innovations, recipes, and foods that do not involve the use of animals. Among these adaptations and evolutions is a food very popular among young people, the hamburger, which can have multiple tasty variations:
- Quinoa burger;
- Lentil burger;
- Chickpea burger;
- Bean burger.
In this text we will talk about the advantages of the bean burger and show you where you can find this option.
What are the advantages of bean burger consumption
Beans are a very versatile grain with many possible uses in everyday life. Check below some of the benefits of inserting this food in your diet:
- It fights anemia – because it is a source of iron, folic acid, and vitamin C.
- Helps weight loss – according to a study published in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition, its consumption can reduce abdominal growth by 23% and the risk of obesity by 22%.
- Lowers cholesterol – a study published in the Canadian Medical Association Journal states that eating legumes is associated with lowering levels of bad cholesterol.
- It is suitable for diabetics – beans have low glycemic indexes, preventing insulin spikes in the blood.
- It is good for the heart – it reduces cholesterol and improves blood circulation.
- Improves intestinal health – it has high amounts of dietary fiber, contributing to improved bowel function.
How to make bean hamburger
- 1 cup raw black beans
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or minced
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons of oil
- 1/2 cup chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup fine flaked oatmeal
- 1/3 cup wheat flour or 1/2 cup rice flour
- Cook the beans and reserve without the broth;
- Just put the beans in the food processor/mixer to create a smooth paste;
- Add all the ingredients, except the flour, and mix everything together;
- Add the oat flour and wheat or rice flour to the mixture;
- Mix well and see if the dough needs more flour – adjust as needed;
- Use salt to taste;
- Reserve the dough in the refrigerator for 4 hours;
- Shape the burgers;
- Fry or grill over low heat.
To accompany your bean burger, nothing beats some seasonings like caramelized onions, garlic cream, vegan mayonnaise, potato chips, homus, wasabi mayonnaise, or nori chips.
Come and meet Cheeky Leeks!
At Cheeky Leeks you’ll find the best veggie burgers, and the best part is that you don’t have to worry about preparing the bean burger because we already have a recipe, and it’s delicious. You just have to arrive, choose your place, and order your burger.
If you don’t want to leave home, just get in touch, place your order, and wait. Whether in our restaurant or in your home, we will offer you the best: talk to us and place your order!