When it comes to healthy eating, the chickpea burger is a success. It is a nutritious and tasty option for snacks and even as a accompaniment to some meals.
Chickpea burgers can be found on the menu of various burgers around the world, being a very valid option for vegetarians and for people looking to improve eating habits.
But what is the chickpea burger anyway?
The basis of the recipe takes the famous chickpeas, an ingredient used for the preparation of salads, side dishes, soups and, more recently, often present in the production of hamburgers.
The chickpeas are a legume whose composition stands out for the amount of proteins and fibers, thus assisting in the proper functioning of the body.
Benefits of chickpea burger
Among the benefits of chickpeas, also obtained through the consumption of the hamburger, are the help in weight loss, the proper intestinal functioning and the contribution to the gain of muscle mass.
Another benefit associated with the consumption of this leguminous is the control of blood glucose. Recent studies have reported that chickpeas are an important ally in cancer prevention.
Data on the nutritional composition of chickpea burger
As mentioned, there are multiple recipes to include chickpeas in food, but the burger has stood out among the fans of tasty and healthy eating.
With regard to composition and nutritional value, considering a 100g bit of cooked chickpeas, the number of calories is 164 kcal, with 27 g of carbohydrates and about 8.9 g of proteins.
Chickpea burger recipe
Check out a simple chickpea burger recipe below. The prepared quantity can be consumed immediately or frozen.
- 1 cup (tea) raw chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons (soup) of olive oil
- 3/4 cup (tea) chopped onion
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 cup (tea) chopped chive
- 1/2 cup (tea) chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried oregs
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked or spicy paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- Salt to taste
- Oatmeal, rice or wheat (white or whole meal)
- Place the chickpeas in a container, cover with water and soak for about 8 hours.
- After the 8-hour period, it dwells well, washes the chickpeas and puts it in a pressure cooker. Cover with two fingers of water and cook 10 minutes until the pressure rises and the pan valve begins to release steam.
- Oot well and put in the blender or processor, crushing the chickpeas, carefully so that the mixture does not become excessively pasty.
- After grinding, place in a container and reserve.
- In a saucepan or frying pan, put a few strands of olive oil and sauté the onion and garlic well. Go see if they’re getting golden.
- After sautéing, put everything in a container with the rest of the seasonings: chives, parsley, ores, lemon juice, paprika and cumin. It puts salt to taste and mixes everything.
- In the mixture, add the chosen flour and continue to mix until it is consistency, since it is necessary to obtain a dough that is moldable.
- Shape the burgers to the size you prefer (small, medium or large) and place them on a lightly greased tray or in a frying pan with a strand of olive oil.
- If you choose the tray, put the burgers, drizzle with a little olive oil and take to the oven at a temperature of 200°C, for about 20 minutes. If the burgers are too thick, leave them in the oven for 30 minutes. It is important that they are turned 10 in 10 minutes, until they are golden on both sides.
- If you choose the frying pan, it is recommended that the burgers be taken to the freezer for 30 minutes before cooking, as this helps to keep them firmer.
- With the burgers ready, it fits the taste.
Chickpea Burger is at Cheeky Leeks
Cheeky Leeks is a company that offers healthy and flavored food, valuing the health of customers and the environment.
At Cheeky Leeks you can find a chickpea burger made with fresh, quality ingredients delivered to your doorstep.
Go to the menu and check out the options with chickpea burger.